Monday, March 15, 2010

Lap-topless Lament

My laptop needs to go to the hospital.

Well, not my laptop, more like my power cord. After years of being the frayed fire hazard that it is, the power adapter finally stopped working. I know you're probably thinking how stupid I am, that I'm putting myself and my housemates at risk with said frayed cord, but we have smoke detectors in every room. We'll be grand sure.

Currently I'm at the desktop. I have no bond with this computer. I miss my crappy, 5 year old monster lap top. One day we shall reunite. Hopefully this weekend when I can get to the nearest electronics store. No doubt that will take me 2 buses and a headache, but hey it will be an adventure.

Let's see. I probably shouldn't be trusted with this blog right now. I might run the risk of only complaining throughout the entire thing. Between turning 25, filing my US taxes as an expat, and dealing with my new found hatred for Cork public transport, I am not the happiest who in Whoville.

But, I'll press on. It's St. Patrick's Day on Wednesday and I have the day off. That could amount to one of two things, a beer day or a day in bed. Decisions decisions. Perhaps we combine the two? Yes? No?

More on that come Wednesday...

No comments:

Post a Comment